"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Monday, September 19, 2011

Dad's x-ray.....

A week later my Dad was still coughing even though he had finished the Z-pak antibiotic, so he called the doctor. She sent him to get an xray that same day for his lungs, she suspected that maybe he had pneumonia. Once again, not more then an hour or so later after they got home, his doctor called with some bad news. She told my Dad that the xray showed 7 or 8 tumors on his lungs. She was very concerned and kept telling him how sorry she was and that the pattern did not look good.

We were scared to say the least, we assumed at this point it was lung cancer. My Dad had smoked in his earlier years but he had quit 20 years ago. Sadly, my Dad's mom actually passed away from lung cancer in 1996 so we knew some about lung cancer. We were still holding out hope that they were benign tumors but the doctor wasn't very optimistic about the pattern. She told him to go ahead with the colonoscopy on Wednesday and she scheduled a Cat scan on Thursday of that same week.

No comments: