"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Monday, December 1, 2008

Chickenpox Baby......

CHICKENPOX BABY!!

Just two days after Asher turned 2 months I started noticing this red spot on the back of his neck which kept getting bigger. It was actually about the size of a dime and then I started to notice other small spots. He had about 5 spots when I called for him to be seen.... I thought he was having a reaction to his vaccines. I took him to the doctor who concluded that it was chickenpox! She was a little bewildered and even had another doctor come in to confirm her diagnosis! (he only had about 5 spots at the time) It was strange for him to get it because he is so young and isolated but he did. The med student that was following her around that day got a good education since Chickenpox is rare these days!

She actually said that the younger they get them the better! He was too young to itch them and it didn't seem to bother him at all! He just looked strange! It's hard to tell in these pictures but they were everywhere! I'm just glad we got his 2 month pictures done before he broke out!! Oh yeah, even though Dax has had the vaccine he got a few breakout spots (that's what the doctor called it) but it didn't seem to bother him either! Also about the time Asher got better with his chickenpox, Hayden came down with Fifth's Disease. He's fine but he had some really red cheeks for about a week!! What is it with us and these weirdo diseases all of a sudden!

5 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

Yikes! That looks aweful! I am so glad it doesn't bother him like it would us! Poor baby :(
Michelle

Erin said...

Oh man, poor guy!!! That is a lot of pox!

Michelle M. said...

Poor little guy! At least it didn't really bother him.

Natalie said...

Gosh that is a lot of stuff to happen all at once in your house! I'm glad that you're kids are okay after all that. I'm glad Asher is too little to really be bothered by the chickenpox. Poor guy!

B,P,R,S & L said...

Poor guy!!