"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cat stratch Fever.....

Did you know that the song called "Cat Stratch Fever" is a real thing? We had no clue until about a week ago! Gene started to notice a sore lump in his armpit that wasn't going away so we decided to get it checked out! We found out that his lymph nodes were inflamed throughout his arm (I guess we have them in our elbows too) because his body was fighting an infection. They said it was Cat Stratch Fever and asked if we had a cat.


What happens is that you mostly likely get scratched by the cat or she comes in contact with a open wound on your body. (Gene's arm) The bacteria gets in there and then your arm starts to fight the infection causing different types of symptoms. He had a fever and felt just plain sick.
They prescribed antibotics and he is all better now!! When he came home, all I could do was laugh! I'm just glad it was this instead of something worse!

1 comment:

Trevor and Kristy Kaufman said...

Wow! I did know that Cat Scratch Fever was a real thing but that's still funny. I didn't think you guys had a cat just a dog. Did you just get it? Or maybe I'm just totally forgetting that you told me about it. Ha. I'll talk to you soon.
Kristy