"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Friday, February 16, 2007

Brother's car accident...

Thanks for all the prayers!
Gene and I were in the middle of the Pregnancy Care Center Banquet when my mom called about my brother. My oldest brother Christopher was in a car accident between 5-6 pm. He went off the road into a telephone pole (we thought tree at first). He is diabetic and when the EMTs arrived on the scene they said his blood sugar was extremely low. When someone becomes hypoglycemic, they can become really disoriented and confused; therefore they believe this is what caused his wreck.
God must have had His hand on him! He was not wearing his seat belt and he broke both the front and back windshields with his head. (he owns a truck) Amazingly though, he had no broken bones and no head trauma!! He did have severe lacerations on his face which required emergency surgery last night. I won't go into much detail (for those who are easily queasy) but just one of the lacerations started near his mouth and went all the way up his cheekbone. The doctors said everything went back together amazingly well but he will have scarring and be in pain for a few weeks! They kept him overnight and let him go home this evening when his sugar levels returned to normal! It is hard to talk and his face is pretty swollen but he is definitely blessed to be alive! Thanks so much for your prayers!

2 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

I am so glad to hear that he is OK!!! What a blessing - and a miracle.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow, how scary! But what a miracle. I'm glad that he is ok. I actually had a dream about you guys last night and your brother (I had prayed right before bed). And in my dream, he was doing fine :) I'm glad that that is the truth. I hope he heals quickly.