"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Indianapolis Mini-Marathon....

I think I may be crazy.......

For the second year in a row I have done the Mini-Marathon in Indy, which kick starts the month of May for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!! My problem is I think I am going to have time to train and then I don't...... (all you moms know about not having time) One of these days I will properly train for such event and won't have to reap the consequences of not training! (complete soreness on my whole body)

I have some good news to report, even though I was sick and dehydrated just two night before, I was finished!! My mentor Joanie, who walked with me this year, prayed for extra strength the night before and I truly believe God helped me make it to the end!! Gene, the best husband ever, brought all three kids up to downtown Indy to watch us finish! He had to find parking, endure large crowds (35,000 runners plus their families), and walked a mile to the finish line all while taking care of three little ones!! He is amazing to say the least! Finishing a mini-marathon is the best feeling ever but when you know your little ones are cheering you on.... it is even better!!

1 comment:

Stephen and Michelle said...

That is awesome that you did it!! How fun, and probably worth the sore muscles!! Kudos to Gene for bringing the kids...I am impressed! I don't think I could handle two kids, let alone 3!!!

Hope your week is going better...
Michelle