"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Monday, September 17, 2007

The sweetest words to hear....

Dax now says "I love you Mommy" which just makes my heart melt!! In fact, I just keep saying "I love you baby" just to hear him say it over and over again! ;) He has said similar things before or partial words but never in a whole complete sentence to me!!

Imagine this.....

If I delight in my children's affection towards me this much then I can only guess how much it makes God smile when we remember to say "I love you Daddy!" to Him. I bet He would love to hear it from us more often!! (Me included) God's love for us is simply amazing and He deserves our adoration!

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

1 John 3:1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! And you are certainly right that God deserves to hear us say that we love Him- constantly! No one is more deserving of our affection than he is.

Anonymous said...

Annie, that is the sweetest thing. That is a word of encouragement for me!

Heather and Scott Karl said...

Great post, Annie.

Trevor and Kristy Kaufman said...

That is so sweet that he says that. When I ask Kendall if she loves me she says "No" and then says "Cry" and wants me to fake cry. Then when I ask again she says yes. I guess that is cute too but I can't wait until she says it to me fully like Dax. Cherish all the moments.