"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Parent's 30th Anniversary.....


My parent's celebrated their 30th anniversary this past November!! I love my parents and I feel blessed to have had such great examples of what loving relationship looks like!!

We had an appetizer party with some of my aunts and uncles! I made the cake which was fun!!

The traditional 30th anniversary gift is supposed to be pearls! I found this set of pearls from a wedding that I was in and used them as a border!!

Finally, I added the red rose for some color!!
In this picture, my mom is actually wearing her wedding dress!! My aunt Tina got the dress from a yard sale!! :) My mom was thrifty!!
Congratulations Mom and Dad!!!!!

4 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

That's so cool that your mom wore her wedding dress!

The cake looks GREAT. You are SO talented, Annie!!!
Michelle

Erin said...

annie, that is a beautiful cake! great job.

and, i bet i can guess whose wedding those pearls were from, ha!

Katie M said...

Annie,

You are definitely on to something with this cake decorating! They are beautiful.

I loved your story about the vacation. What a great reminder of how important obedience to God is.

Your family is as always, beautiful and I love reading about your "adventures!"

Take Care
Katie M

Anonymous said...

I love your posts, kids, pictures, and cakes! I read and see them all! I need to comment more on what an amazing mommy, teacher, and homemaker you are:) Your family is truly blessed and a blessing! Much loves, KI