"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Honey Farm......

Just a couple of weeks ago, we got to go to a local Honey Farm, called Hunter's Honey Farm, with some other homeschoolers! It was our first homeschool event with this particular group. (In the past, we have mostly done things with the families from our church but this group is based in the town where we live....our church is about 40 Min's away) We had a good time and learned so much!!
We got to learn all kinds of fascinating things about honey, bees and the products they make there!
They got to bottle their own little bottle of honey and roll their own bee's wax candle!
Hayden and Dax's candles!!

Grace in front of their Observation hive inside their building. We didn't get to go see the hive outside because it was rainy and the bees were acting up but we still learned so much!! I seriously left being amazed by God and His creativity with creation! God is so awesome!

3 comments:

Mary said...

The Hunters were my teachers in school. Looks like you had fun!

Michelle M. said...

That is so neat! I wonder if I have anything like that near us. I need to look into that.

Stephen and Michelle said...

What a great experience!!
Michelle