"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Monday, April 12, 2010

Midwest Homeschool Convention........

See how huge the Exhibit Hall is!!!! Rows and Rows of Curriculum!!
The weekend after my birthday and Easter, Gene and I headed to Ohio for the Midwest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati! We met his parents on the way there to let them take the kids overnight! They were both just getting over a sickness so they were so kind to do that for us!! They are the best!
 We normally attend the Indy one, but since it conflicted with Hayden's B-day ....we decided to try the Midwest one. It was great!! It is obviously much larger in all aspects. The speakers were top notch, the classes offered were great (too many to choose from), and the Exhibit hall was huge!! Plus, we got to see Tim Hawkins, who is hilarious!! He is a Christian comedian and if you have not heard him yet....you need too!! Oh, my goodness, I have not laughed that hard in forever!! I laughed so much that I cried!! :)
 It was a pretty good weekend overall, not exactly everything panned out to my expectations but it was still good!! (I'll explain in another post!) Now, in regards to curriculum, I really felt like I made some really good decisions which was awesome!! I'll post about that in the future too!

2 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

Glad you could go!!
Michelle

Michelle M. said...

We should definitely meet up there next year. I had a great afternoon meeting a friend who homeschools. It helped so much. I may send a few questions your way once I get started, too.