"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Things I love about Dax.....

I love how God has made all my kids so special and unique!! Since it's Dax's birthday, I thought I would share some of the many things that I love about him!! We were so excited to find out we were having a boy especially since he would be the first boy in 17 years on my side of the family. Dax's labor was my hardest by far but seeing his sweet little face made it all worth it!! He had very little hair but it was definitely red, which was a surprise. I didn't expect to have red headed kids because I was the only red head in my family. (except for a great grandma) Little did I know that all my kids after that would have red hair!! :)
It was so much fun to have a boy!! Dax got to be our first "little Man"!! Dax has always been very passionate about everything and one thing he loves is cars!! He has not wavered in his devotion to cars which started when he was little!! He also has a very good memory and can remember things that I find so funny!! He is also very smart and knows things that I didn't necessarily teach him! I think it helps that he has a big sister who has taught him lots!!
He has the best smile ever and the cutest laugh around!! I love making him laugh just to hear him giggle and giggle!! Especially when he gets started laughing and can't stop!! It's hilarious! He also has the sweetest voice except when he's mad!! ;) It's funny because a bunch of the teens at church just love Dax. They think he is the cutest thing and always want to give him a hug and say hi to him. In fact, one mother was telling me about how her daughter wants to take Dax home with them! He's pretty cute I guess!!
One of the greatest things about Dax is his concern for others! For example, if we start to head the door to leave and Asher is a few steps behind....he starts getting upset that we might accidentally leave him. He is also very concerned when he hears about places like Haiti. He's very sweet! He also loves worship and music! It's the best thing to hear him sing and dance for the Lord! He told me the other day that he wants to be a worship leader!! I told him that would be awesome!

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

He sounds like such an awesome kid! He reminds me a bit of David; he has the same kind of empathy. I hope he had a wonderful birthday!

Erin said...

he is such a sweet little man, annie. :) i really love how you do this 'favorite things about my kids' post around their birthdays - very, very cool and something i'll have to remember when this day comes for me!