"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dax's accident....

The other day, all the kids were "resting" in their rooms and I was downstairs on the computer. I heard this big thud upstairs and then screaming, so I knew something was wrong. Well, I started to run upstairs and at the same time Dax was running downstairs crying. He had fallen off top bunk onto this "foot" thingie and it was stuck in his back.
 (It's a foot that screws into a piece of furniture that we never used and I'm not sure how it got to Grace's room)
 I was freaking out inside but stayed calm on the outside for him.
I called the doctor's office and they told me to go ahead and pull it out since it couldn't be too deep. Well, I tried pulling it out and it wouldn't come out even with a good tug!! In the meantime, my Dad just happened to call and told me that I might have to turn it like a screw to get it out.
AHHHHHH!!
Not a fun thing to do!!
Finally, I got the courage to do it! I turned and pulled at the same time which did the trick!!
 It was painful for both of us!
With the call to the doctor, trying to pull it out a couple of different times, my Dad's phone call and then finally twisting it out....the whole ordeal lasted about 25 mins. The reason I took pictures was because it took so long for the doctor to get on the phone (10 mins) which gave me time and I thought it would be hard believe!!
 Plus, as long as he wasn't moving, it didn't hurt.
My sweet little Dax was perfectly fine and that is all that matters!!
God is good!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

oh NOOOOOO, poor dax! that looks like it was so scary for him AND you! wow, crazy - i'm so glad he's ok, though. how did the other three react duing this trauma?

Michelle M. said...

Oh my goodness! That is really scary. The pictures are awful. I am impressed that you were able to get through that.

Stephen and Michelle said...

Yikes!! That is crazy...I am so glad he is OK!!
Michelle

Miracle said...

Oh, my goodness! Faith got a big long metal thing stuck in her foot, but at least it came right out--that sounds horrible!