"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Garden update and Sunflowers.....

I never got around to getting any updates about our garden and sunflowers this summer so I will do it all in one post!

As you can see, we  had a garden about the same size as last year's garden!
It produced lots of different veggies that came in handy with our food budget!!
The kids always love helping!

Even little Asher!
All in all, we had a pretty good little harvest but I can't wait to have a bigger garden someday!!
**************************************************************
Now on to our sunflowers!!
Such a small beginning.....

Getting a little bigger!!

Getting bigger.....
Finally, beautiful sunflowers!!
Smalls ones....
Big ones....
Light yellow ones...
Tall ones.....
and finally beautiful autumn ones!
The bees and birds love our sunflowers!!
Another fun year of memories and traditions with our sunflowers!!

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Those are beautiful! We'd love to have a garden one of these days. With our newest addition due May 3rd, I'm not quite sure how that's going to happen... Any tips?

Stephen and Michelle said...

I love sunflowers...so pretty!
Michelle