"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dad's colonospy and CAT scan....

On Wednesday of that week, my Dad had a colonoscopy. At this point, they were looking for possible reasons for his blood loss and also for any other abnormal things. Everything came back completely normal, so that was great news!

On Thursday of that same week, my Dad had a CAT Scan. During this CAT Scan they found out that he had a 15 centimeter tumor on his right Kidney, a tumor on his adrenal gland and some cancerous lymph nodes. At this time they believed it was kidney cancer that had spread to his lungs. All in all, it was very disappointing news. I think at first my Dad was relieved it wasn't lung cancer and we hoped kidney cancer would be easier to treat, but at the same time it was not good that it had spread to his lungs. The doctor initially said that my Dad would have surgery to take the cancerous kidney and she then scheduled him to see a urologist the very next day.

No comments: