"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Car Issues.............

Well, we have had one of those months where things just keep going wrong. It started in July when our only working car, the Neon, stopped working at Sam's club. (just me and the kids) We towed it to an auto place and since our blue car, the Taurus, was just sitting in our driveway.... undriveable..... we decided to put both in the shop. It turns out that they both needed starters.

We got both cars back after spending a few hundred.......... only to have them both break back down just a week later within the same few days. Our Neon had brake problems and was leaking brake fluid. We spent another couple hundred dollars on that! We had some friends try and figure out what was wrong with our Taurus and after spending another hundred or so on that ......... it is still sitting in my parent's driveway.

Basically, we are now done with the Taurus (we are done for good because we have probably spent almost more then we would like to remember on this car just in the past year) and we are just glad that the Neon is working fine. (no air conditioning but it works!!!!!!!!!) We also had our home air conditioning unit need refilled and our computer broke down this month and needed help!!

Let's end on a good note!!!!!!! Gene's Grandma was able to help us out financially which was an answer to prayer and such a huge relief!!!! You know, the one thing everybody kept saying to us was "when it rains, it pours" which might be true. Another thing that helped me was this song by Casting Crowns called "Praise you in this storm." Here are some of the words and if you don't have the CD...... it is an awesome one!!!

"I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
For you are who you are no matter where I am
Every tear I cried you hold in your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm!!!!!!!!!!"

I know with hindsight that this is just one minor storm that our family will encounter on this earth but ultimately we know God is always there even when it is storming!!!!

No comments: