"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A few more observations.....

1. One thing I noticed the other day was that I was having a hard time reading Grace books. I had never had this problem before but her head keeps getting in my way. You see..... she sits on my lap when I read to her but now her head is blocking my view of the book!! I am just now realizing that my little girl is growing up literally right before my eyes!! It is kind of sad to know that she can't as easily sit on my lap and be read to! I have to modify it a bit by moving my head to the side of her head or to have her sit next to me! Gene doesn't have this problem yet.......she is getting taller! The blessing here is that she is growing, very healthy, and loves to read books!!

2. Yesterday, as Grace and I were driving to different stores, we kept hitting traffic and running into lines everywhere!! The college students are back in full force!! Move-in-day was today for the IU students and there are LOTS of them!!!!! Target was crazy!!!!!!!!!!! You should have seen Best Buy and all the parents buying their kids computer, printers, TVs and etc!!!!

3. Seeing all the college students and watching them buy all the needed stuff for their dorms/apartments........ made me a little nostalgic about my first few days on campus at IWU!! I remember going to Walmart and getting all the fun stuff for my very first place!! Plus, it was the beginning of some really awesome memories and some of the best days of my life!! I loved it there!! Do you guys remember your first days at college?

I think that is all for now.....................

No comments: