"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Doctor's appt....

I went to the doctor yesterday and here are the stats!

Baby Hayden:
-Heartbeat was at 140 and she said he was pretty low which is a good sign!

Annie:
-BP 106/68
-I actually went down about a pound but nothing to worry about... it could just be the difference in clothes and shoes!

-Still just dilated about one centimeter

-The bad news of the day is that I tested positive for Strep B. I have never had it with previous pregnancies; so now I have to arrive early enough at the hospital to receive antibiotics. Kind of stinks but definitely something that is manageable! She said it takes about 20-30 mins to get the antibiotics through my system and I have to take two rounds. (I think?) After that I will be able to walk around and labor like I have in the past! The hospital is literally only about 3 mins away so I am not worried about making it there on time! The big concern is if my labor goes super fast and I don't make it there in time to receive the meds! (could be very bad for baby) I am not worried though and I know God will take care of it!

-We have two weeks from tomorrow! (Wednesday) Side notes: I would love to go a little early but the likelihood is slim to none. Grace was born on her due date and Dax was born 45 mins after his due date, so I am pretty accurate but you never know??


Other Updates:

-Dax is doing so well with his little handicap! I actually think his tooth is bothering more then his leg because he was up so much last night whining!! We are still waiting for that one molar to come in!!

- Grace has been testing us big time this past week! (Even before Dax hurt his leg). It must be a stage but hopefully a short one!! (preferably it will be done before new baby comes)

- We brought a new crib that I put it together all by myself last night and this morning! (The pictures are of the kids playing with the box)

-We have a busy week ahead of us...... with "ME Time" Steering team meeting and toddler room duty on Wednesday; Restoration ministry meeting, and Pregnancy Care Center banquet (we are hosting a table) on Thursday, plus Gene works the whole weekend literally and I have to prepare for my regular ME Time meeting this next Tuesday which always takes lots of planning and time! (Busy Busy Busy) Poor Gene won't have any time off these next few weeks with us being so busy on his days off! By the looks of things, we won't even have time for Valentine's day!
PS: When I say that he literally works the entire weekend.... this is what I mean!! (he does this every other weekend)

Friday: He goes in at 12 noon and gets home around 11 pm

Saturday: Works from 6:15 am all day until 10 pm when they close!

Sunday: Works at 7:00 am all day until 9:00 pm!

Monday: He works 6:15 am till 3:00pm and then he is finally home!

If I don't take the kids in to see him for dinner, they would not see him all weekend!! I am single mom every other weekend! This is one of the main reasons why we would like to find him another job soon!! (I have managed quite well taking two kids to Church by myself, among other places, but 3 sounds a little bit harder!)

2 comments:

Heather and Scott Karl said...

Gene's schedule is awful! For him and for you! I can't believe he works all day on Sat..they better pay him overtime for that!

I have that single mom feeling when Scott is busy with basketball coaching. It's stinky.

However, we can be thankful that we are not REALLY single moms. Husbands are a blessing! And we've both got a great one!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how close we are to meeting baby Hayden! It just flew by. I can't wait to see photos.

Hopefully Grace will quickly move out of her phase and make things easier on you.

I hope your weekend isn't too stressful.