Hayden's Birth StoryI started having more regular contractions that radiated to my back on Sunday night. Around midnight I started timing them and they were getting more regular. I finally woke Gene up at 3:00 am to tell him that they were about 6 mins apart and that we should call our doctor's office. Our midwife called around 4am and we decided to be at the hospital by 6 am. (only two mins away) My mom came to be with the kids since they were asleep. We arrived there by 6 and they started my IV antibiotics right away. I was 5 centimeters dilated. An hour or so into it I started to feel tons of pressure and the urge to push. My water had not broke and they were not going to break it because I had not received all of the first set of antibiotics. I had to breath away the urge to push until my water broke at 8:59am. As many of you ladies know that can be hard but it was manageable because I did receive one shot of Nubain. (never had it before but liked it) It basically helps to take the edge off the pain and relaxes you. I do not think I could held off pushing that long without it. The urge to push just kept coming and finally my water broke on it's own and I had him six mins later. I probably could have had him a whole hour or more earlier if I didn't have those antibiotics.