"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Michigan: Our arrival and first morning......

The kids and I had the pleasure of heading up to Michigan at the beginning of August for a mini-vacation!
We went with my parents, my brother and his family.
We had alot of fun and took lots of pictures, which I will show you over the next few posts!!
 Sadly, Gene and my sister could not join us because of work!
We missed them!!
We arrived Sunday evening, set up camp and fixed dinner!
After we ate we went to a nearby beach on Lake Michigan for a quick little peek!
Our little peek quickly turned into lots of splashing, getting wet and then getting sandy!!
They were soaked and messy but had lots of fun!!
***************************************************************
A peek at our camping area!!
Our next morning started out well with homemade cake donuts that they made at the KOA!
I'm not even a fan of cake donuts but now I am!!
These were amazing!!
We stayed at a KOA in the St. Joseph area, in Coloma, Michigan.
We stayed in their camping cabins which were really nice!
 It is still pretty much camping but with a few extras.
We had air conditioning and beds, but we still had to cook outside and use the restrooms in the facilities!
My brother's daughter Aleigha
Dax and Aleigha enjoying our freshly made cake donuts!!
Grace with her new friend Jacob!!
Next up....
our Trip to the beach!!!

No comments: