"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

VBS............

Our computer has been down so this is a little late. Our VBS was the third week of July (a very hot week) and it was also the first year that Grace was old enough to attend. We do this really cool one that is set in Biblical times and we always go all out. I just love the setup and how the kids get to do different marketplace shops every night as their craft. We also had a time machine which was cool and took them back in time. We also have real live animals, such as goats, horses, and chickens, in the stables. It is cool for adults so I know it is cool for the kids. (we had 150 kids this year) I was in charge of getting crew leaders and training them and then I had to be there all week as support. It was a new position and I enjoyed it! Here are some pictures............





This picture is of Grace at the grain shop grinding grain!









This picture is of her group at the toy making shop in which they made a baby Jesus out of Clay.










Here is a picture of Dax in his Biblical outfit..... He pretty much just got to run around the whole time.






The other picture is of my sister's daughter Makayla and her friend Dasia at the Mosaic shop. It was fun week and the kids loved it and the best part of all they learned about Jesus!!!

No comments: