"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Monday, October 26, 2009

Final Pictures and Thoughts on Vacation....


Well, here's some final thoughts on our vacation to Florida!! All the pictures taken in this post were from a "One time use" Underwater camera. They all seem a little underexposed or something but it kinda gives them a seventies look.... I guess! :)

First of all, we had so much fun spending time as family, relaxing and enjoying God's beautiful creation! I feel so blessed that we were even able to do it! God truly provided it and for that I am thankful!

Secondly, I do have a really neat story about how in God's economy.... money doesn't really matter. We had been saving for vacation all summer knowing that it would be very low budget. About a month before our vacation we had enough money to stay at a place for 3-5 days. Then I felt like God was saying give half of that away! Gene confirmed it and we gave half of it away knowing that it might cut our vacation down to even less days. We gave part of it to a friend going on a Haiti Mission trip and the other to 147 Million Orphans. Well, we ended up getting a great deal and the awesome part was that this particular place gave us 7 full days for that price which was way longer then we had ever expected to go!!
God had His hand on that one!! :)

God is so amazing!!!

It is not always easy being obedient to His voice but it is always worth it in the end!! I really could have cared less if we had 3 days or 7 days...... I was just happy that we were able to go at all......but it sure was a blessing to be able to go for 7 whole days!!
Finally, next time we go on vacation I want to be more purposeful and prepared! (Simple things like bringing extra food, bottled water, or gift cards) Earlier in my posting I had mentioned how we went by the all those homeless people in downtown St Petersburg. Well, my heart broke that night for them and I felt so awful that we couldn't do much for them. I felt like God was trying to tell me that it's okay to have fun and spend time as a family and even go on vacation ...........but that ministry never stops!! We always need to be prepared to be a blessing!! Never stop looking for those opportunities..... even on vacation!!
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

3 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

What a great testimony!
Michelle

Michelle M. said...

What a great story! It is so amazing to me how God almost rewards us when we are self-sacrificing. The photos are beautiful. You are one hot mama :)

Mary said...

you are so precious! May God bless your giving heart! Love you