"How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Indy 500 Balloon Festival....

One of my favorite sights in the world!!
My family at the track with that awesome pagoda in the background!!
We started out the month of May at the track for the Balloon festival.
The very first actual race at the track was a Hot air Balloon race, so they have this event to honor that. It also co-incides with alternative energy day too. They had fancy names for these events but I can't remember them right now! Ha!
The boys thought the solar powered race cars were pretty cool!
Hayden and I
A pretty cool see-through race car!
We met up with our friends Ryan and Alison, who are getting married this next October. Gene and I will be both in the wedding which is exciting! They have two sweet girls named Arie (after a famous race car driver) and Alana.
Look at all those cute painted faces!! Asher got a little scared so she just did one on his arm instead! :)
They were offering free snow cones but you had to work for them!! The bikes shown up above and the teeter toter shown below were powering the snow cone maker. Gene and Grace worked hard to provide us all a snow cone!
The actual balloon part got canceled because it started raining but we still had a good time!!

No comments: